Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Memories Of Summers Past







  

Imelda Aroma Mountain Resort, Catmon, Cebu, Philippines

I was going over some of my files today and I found my photos of past summers and I took a trip down memory lane. Each photo has a story and it reminds me of the friends I share this memory with. It brings back wonderful memories of summers past with my dear old friends and how much fun it has been. I know it might sound a bit cheesy but I can't help singing the Beatle's song "In My Life".  Some of my friends have moved into a different state and some into another country, and it's been awhile now since we last got together and I miss them a lot. Life is more fun when shared with others.


 
Town of Argao,Cebu, Philippines

The town of Argao is one of the must see places in the Philippines. It is located in the southern part of Cebu province, a 2 hour bus ride from the city proper. It has panoramic beaches great for skim boarding and old churches and buildings that makes it a good place for a heritage tour.  Argao has many natural tourist attractions The Argao Nature Park, Balay sa Agta Cave (House of The Giants), Bugasok Falls, Lawis Point and Riverstone Castle. There are many beach resorts around Argao and it won't be hard to find a place to stay. One of the things that I love about the place are the friendly people who are very helpful and protective of the tourists who visits their place. I will always associate Argao with the aromatic and pure tablea (chocolate) that is very rich in  taste and very cheap too!


Casa Real, Argao,Cebu



Bulasa Natural Spring, Argao,Cebu

 
Malapascua Island, Daanbatayan, Cebu
 
Malapascua is Located in the northernmost tip of Cebu. It has a peculiar name for a well endowed island. Malapascua means unfortunate Christmas.The name was given by Spanish seafarers after being stranded on the island during Christmas due to a typhoon.I love this place so much because of its powdery white beach and rich underwater marine life. This is the perfect place for scuba diving and snorkeling, a heaven for scuba divers and well anyone who loves the beach . If you go scuba diving early in the morning you might get lucky and chance upon a thresher shark! I had a blast in Malapascua and I'd definitely go back again. You can get accommodations for as low as $ 11 a night and there are many hotels and cottages for rent all over the place.
 
 
Bohol Beach Club, Panglao Island,Bohol, Philippines

Panglao Island is one of my favorite places. The scenic beaches with its crystalline white sand and blue green waters is paradise for me. I could stay here forever and enjoy the relaxing atmosphere, I'd gladly exchange the the city life for a life in this island! Panglao is lined with many 5 star hotels and beach resorts. You can stay at the fabulous Eskaya Beach Resort and Spa, The elegant Bohol Beach Club, Alona Palm, Alona Kew, Alona Tropical and Panglao Island Nature Resort. You can also visit the nearby Bohol Bee Farm and taste the exotic salad made of flowers and herbs, this is a haven for the vegetarians!

 
This is the salad I was talking about! Wanna try?


Moalboal, Cebu, Philippines

Moalboal is a town in the southern part of Cebu, it boasts of its beaches and rich marine life,it is a known scuba diving spot for the scuba enthusiasts, and is frequented by international as well as local tourists.Beach resorts and hotels lines the whole place and getting accommodations is not difficult at all. what I like about the place is that you can have a quiet vacation if you prefer or a lively one if you  attend the beach disco hosted by the hotels and resorts and if you participate in the day time activities.


 
Sunset in Moalboal

Thank you for taking this tour with me and I do hope you get to visit any of these places. I had a wonderful time in each place and my treasure chest is overflowing with many wonderful memories. It is my pleasure to share this to all of you. If you are wondering why all of the places I showed you are all beach resorts, that's because I am a beach bum lol! There is no place so relaxing and so fun for me other than spending time at the beach. I hope when you get to visit these places you will have loads and loads of wonderful memories to take home.

No comments:

Post a Comment